We’re looking for 3 exemplary coaches, relationship and people managers to equip and support churches to deliver key Resurgo programmes, including Spear and Rework, alongside delivering culture and theory of change coaching programmes.
This is a great opportunity for someone with a desire to empower churches to play their part in transforming society as part of a bold and innovative charity working to equip others to have great social impact.
The important stuff
Salary: Starting at £32,250
Hours: 9.30am-5:30pm, with occasional evenings and travel
Location: London and home – we are truly hybrid
Closing date and how to apply: We are currently hiring for two permanent roles to start in the coming months, and a 12 month part-time maternity cover contract commencing towards the end of September/beginning of October.
- Work with a caseload of partner churches to support and equip them to run life changing programmes, and support with fundraising and regular programme reviews
- Manage Spear Centre Managers, supporting and developing them
- Contribute to the development of the Spear and Rework curriculums
- Work with Resurgo HR to support the resourcing, recruitment and onboarding of coaches
- Participate in the design and delivery coaching as part of Resurgo’s Consulting Programmes
For more detail please see the full job description below
- An active Christian, passionate about personally representing the values and beliefs of Resurgo and the partner church.
- Dynamic and engaging Coach with at least three years’ experience in coaching delivery and an enthusiasm for the practice and understanding of coaching and training techniques.
- Experience of line management and responsibility for others professional development
- A leader with high emotional intelligence, and good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good relationship management skills and professionalism
- 25 days holiday (pro-rata for part time role), plus bank holidays and the week of Christmas off!
- A culture of fun and authenticity, where you’ll be encouraged to bring your true self to work
- Monthly staff training days led by our team of highly trained coaches
- Annual two-day Christmas retreat
- Excellent staff development and training opportunities, including attendance on either our Coaching Academy or ‘Coaching for Leadership’ course – a programme of coaching and leadership training (valued at £2,500).
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (a confidential support service for staff) as well as the option to take advantage of Give as you Earn (GAYE)
- A brand new central London office, with space for collaboration and community
At Resurgo, we believe that if we work together, we can transform society for the better. So, our mission is to inspire and equip organisations to bring about ambitious and sustainable social change - and we do that through our expertise in coaching and impact.
Our flagship initiative, the Spear Programme, supports 16-24 year olds to overcome the barriers they face and thrive in employment. We also work with unemployed adults through Re-Work, and deliver corporate coaching to businesses through Resurgo Consulting.
Our culture strives for excellence and fun. We bring both our professional heads and passionate hearts to work; we honour each others’ successes, encourage honest feedback, and go the extra mile when we need to.
Support and Equip Church Partners
- Work with the Church Partnerships Team to meet key strategic goals to build social transformation across the church in the UK
- Manage working relationships with caseload of partner churches within a region of the UK to ensure programme delivery flourishes, that the church has ongoing support, feels connected and bought in to vision of Resurgo
- Organise and chair programme review meetings with the relevant people (for Spear: Chair of Trustees, Centre Manager, and lead church representative; for Re-Work: Re-Work Coordinator, church representative, sometimes long-standing volunteer coach; for Spear Express: Centre Manager and church representative).
- Liaise with church partners regarding fundraising challenges, providing strategic support and connecting them to the wider Resurgo team for further assistance around key challenges.
Line Management, Team Training and Development of Spear Centre staff
- Manage Spear Centre Managers, through regular 1-1s, reviewing KPI’s and helping them troubleshoot challenges
- Have regular check-ins with Spear Express Centre Managers and Re-Work Coordinators to support their ongoing development and programme delivery
- Work with the Impact team to identify training needs, then design and run training initiatives to meet these needs, including all-team training days, role-specific training streams, and volunteer training
- Oversee the overall performance management for church partners in a region, delivering feedback regularly, reporting on key performance indicators and running reviews at intervals throughout the year
- Work alongside the Senior Coaching Managers and Executive Director of Social Change to iterate and develop our programmes, including reviewing our programme models and using data to inform changes
- Create and implement a recruitment plan with churches to ensure they have appropriate candidates for Spear Coaches, Re-Work Coordinators and volunteers
- Create and implement a recruitment plan with churches to ensure the effective recruitment of participants onto programmes
- Engage with wider national policy around NEETs and unemployment to ensure we are at the cutting edge within the sector
- Develop programme curricula across all our programmes
People & Culture Support
- Work with other Resurgo teams as needed to build and develop a coaching culture, including inputting into training other teams and building fruitful relationships with other organisations.
- Work with the People and Culture team and church partners to support with recruitment and induction of coaches, with a focus on the Spear Programme
- Equip church partners to implement all relevant policies for the safe running of programmes (including DBS checks, safeguarding and data protection).
Participate in Design and Delivery of Resurgo Consulting Programmes
- Work alongside the Corporate Coaching team on key projects
- Design and deliver coaching material for corporate clients and develop into a Lead Coach on the Coaching for Leadership programme
- Work towards an ICF accreditation at ACC or PCC level and mentor others to achieve their ICF accreditation
- Continually invest in professional development through wider reading and attending further training courses
Active participation in and support for Resurgo’s team and mission
- Help build and develop Resurgo’s ethos and Christian life as a team member, leading and contributing to team prayer meetings as an integral part of Resurgo’s operation and for the success
of its mission.